- Headquarters location: Mbale
- Region: Mt Elgon, Eastern Uganda
- Founded: 2017
- Producers: 3,076 smallholder farmers in 11 primary societies on Mt Elgon; in Mbale, Manafwa, Bududa, Sironko, Bulambuli and Kapchorwa districts; primary society names: Bunabude , Konokoyi, Demukata, Bumatanda, Buweswa, Bumugibole, Yilwanako, Sipi, Namanyonyi, Bushiribo and Futsa
- Post-harvest process: Farmer-washed
- Certifications: Rainforest Alliance. Passed Rainforest Alliance audit in October 2017, organic and Fairtrade certifications in process
- Varieties: SL14, SL28, Nyasaland
- Soil types: Old volcanic
- Harvest time: September to January
- Elevation: 1500 — 2300
More about Mt Elgon Agroforestry Community Cooperative & Mountain Harvest Coffee
Mt Elgon Agroforestry Communities Cooperative Enterprise Ltd. is a newly formed-democratic union of farmers, comprised of 9 primary societies that were formally part of Gumutindo, plus an additional 2 primary societies. These farmers want to capture much of the progress they made in Gumutindo: producing high-quality triple-certified coffees; investing in production and environmental sustainability; working towards greater gender equity and with farmer empowerment at its core.
Alongside Mt Elgon Agroforestry Coop is the Mountain Harvest Company, backed by Lutheran World Relief, which will be responsible for purchasing coffee, processing, exporting and providing services to the farmers of Mt Elgon Agroforestry Coop.
There are limited volumes of coffee available this season, with the hope of scaling up next season.